(Sunflowers, circe 1888 – Vincent Van Gogh) “Cooking is an art and patience is a virtue… Careful shopping, fresh ingredients, and an unhurried approach are nearly all you need. There is one more thing – love. Love for food and love for those you invite to your table. With...
Archive for category: Daily Meanderings
I have been browsing through this delectable book and given that the honey here on Kangaroo Island is vey special and specific to our Island, I thought I would share the words of Isabel Allende about …honey!! Enjoy. “The nectar of Aphrodite, golden treasure of the earth drawn from...
Well, it has been a busy few days entertaining and therefore cooking so haven’t been busy on the blog. The garden has required some attention too as we have had quite a bit of rain so everything is growing at a great rate and has certainly done us proud...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pollo Al Sugo Con I ‘Rocchini’ – A wonderful dish from Pisa
- Barcos Rabelos – the symbol of port wine in Porto
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- The Most Expensive Bottle of Wine Ever Broken??
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- Sidra – apple cider from Asturias, Spain
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food