Established in the 17th century, the oldest cemetery in Brussels soon attracted aristocracy and bourgeoisie thanks to the presence of the tomb of the first Queen of the Belgians. With its tall trees and 13th-century church that now lies partly in ruins, it has an undeniably romantic character. Different...
Archive for category: Brussels
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- For Love of Yourself – a poem by Charlie Chaplin
- A return to your childhood is good for the soul
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
- Spanish Cooking by Miguel Maestre
- Risnjak National Park, Croatia
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food