The beautiful Greek island of Tínos is one of the islands which make up the Cyclades – other islands in the group include Mykonos, Santorini and Naxos. When you visit Tínos, you must be certain to travel to the heart of the island and see the ornate architectural dovecotes...
Archive for category: Greek Islands
Ancient Delos, southwest of Mykonos, is a tiny island (about 4 sq km) but it contains extensive Greco-Roman ruins which rival the ruins of Delphi and Olumpia, but be warned, if you are prone to seasickness, the island is located in one of the most turbulent areas of the...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pollo Al Sugo Con I ‘Rocchini’ – A wonderful dish from Pisa
- Barcos Rabelos – the symbol of port wine in Porto
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- The Most Expensive Bottle of Wine Ever Broken??
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- Sidra – apple cider from Asturias, Spain
- Paolo Uccello’s Clock
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food