This is a soup which you really must try. If you are a lover of tapas, as I am, then this will really tickle you tastebuds, with the combination of chickpeas, chorizo and wonderfully sweet prawns, combined with garlic and chilli. There is not much more to be said...
Archive for month: October, 2014
Corsica is a veritable paradise of distillers, macerators, mixers and blenders, and nature has bestowed on them an abundance of lemons, seedless tangerines, oranges, cherries, figs, myrtle berries and, of course, grapes. In the 16th century, when Corsican Muscadets were causing something of a furore in Italy, the...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- An ode to play – A painting by Pieter Bruegel
- A return to your childhood is good for the soul
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food