I love this salad from Yotam Ottolenghi – he describes it as his Valentine’s Day salad, as it represents the realistic flavours of love: bitter and sweet. However, there are many reasons to serve this salad to your family and friends, not the least of which is the...
Archive for month: February, 2015
I have just finished reading Jane Gleeson-White’s book Double Entry, a book which delves into the invention of double entry bookkeeping by Venetian merchants and then proceeds to examine the 500-year history of double entry bookkeeping, which is the basis of modern accounting. I originally came...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
- Pollo Al Sugo Con I ‘Rocchini’ – A wonderful dish from Pisa
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food