If you are a lover of reading but are time poor, you probably revert to the genres which give you the most pleasure, a natural tendency for most of us. Occasionally we may venture outside our favourite genres on the recommendation of a friend or a book review,...
Archive for month: March, 2015
I have been sorting through a heap of photos of late and I came across a series of photos taken in Venice at my last visit. Apart from the beauty of the architecture (of which I never tire) and of course, the many tourists, there was one photo in...
I must admit that these days I am not a great reader of novels, even historical ones, which have in the past always been part of my reading preferences. Out of curiosity the other day when perusing e-book downloads, I came across this historical novel of Renaissance Florence by...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
- Pollo Al Sugo Con I ‘Rocchini’ – A wonderful dish from Pisa
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food