Gaspard Bouis was born in Besse-sur-Issole on 9 February 1757. It was during a visit to the village by recruiting seageants that Gaspard, no doubt under the influence of alcohol typically employed by the military in those time, signed up fro the French army. The following day, once the...
Archive for month: January, 2016
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Most Expensive Bottle of Wine Ever Broken??
- The Leaf
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Risnjak National Park, Croatia
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- The architecturally beautiful dovecotes of Tínos
- Coniglio in agrodolce – Sweet & Sour Braised Rabbit
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food