I recently read an article which said that returning to a favourite poem, story or game from our childhood, can help relieve stress and worry. To that end I have decided to share with you my favourite poem from my childhood and the first one I learnt to recite...
Archive for year: 2019
Recently I have been doing a lot of reading about mindfulness and what brings out spontaneous creativity in the individual – fascinating stuff and it has all been very helpful to me. One piece I read was by journalist and psychologist Otje van de Lelij in Flow magazine, where...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- A return to your childhood is good for the soul
- An ode to play – A painting by Pieter Bruegel
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food