I love using freshly prepared spice pastes and this is one which I can seriously recommend you try. Pounding a paste using a pestle and mortar is such a gratifying experience and I have become addicted to the process. If you don’t regularly use one or use one at all, I suggest...
Archive for category: Herb & Spices
Spearmint (Mentha spicata or Mentha viridis) is the traditional and most favoured mint of Mediterranean cooking in both fresh and dried form. It is widely used in Middle Eastern Cooking to flavour meat and vegetable dishes, fried with butter or ghee and is used as a final touch to...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Most Expensive Bottle of Wine Ever Broken??
- The Leaf
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Risnjak National Park, Croatia
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- The architecturally beautiful dovecotes of Tínos
- Coniglio in agrodolce – Sweet & Sour Braised Rabbit
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food