If you are looking for a perfect cake/tart for a special occasion then I strongly suggest you try this delicacy from Phoebe Wood which was featured in Issue 32 of Feast Magazine, June 2014. It does take 2½ hours to prepare and approx 1 hour to cool, but it...
Archive for category: Tarts
Here is a recipe for the chocolate lovers out there – a superb French inspired Chocolate Cherry Tart which is sure to be an absolute hit with family and friends. Warning – this is a little bit of ‘death by chocolate’ so be prepared!! I have made this...
There is something perfect about little grape tomatoes – they always look so delicious and turn an ordinary salad into something quite extraordinary. I always have plenty growing in my garden!. Their colour too just represents summer and this tart is the perfect summer dish to share, albeit...
Welcome to my love affair with the food, wine, history and culture of the Mediterranean, past and present. Here you will find not only recipes, drinks and fabulous products, but the history of the food and culture of the Mediterranean.
My purpose is to get you to explore and experience new tastes and along the way to immerse yourself in the wonderful history of this diverse and wonderful region – from Venice to Istanbul, Rome to Dubrovnik, Athens to Crete and all places in between and in the surrounds. Be prepared to be surprised, delighted and enthralled as you take this trip with me.
- The Siege – Arturo Perez-Reverte
- A perfect flourless dense tart cake with caramelised slices of lime
- A wonderful Greek chicken dish to share – Kotopoulo Tiganito
- Pacharán – the sloe liqueur from Navarra
- A miraculous potion containing dried wine lees…..
- A perfect Pea, Mint & Feta Crostini
- Pollo Al Sugo Con I ‘Rocchini’ – A wonderful dish from Pisa
- Paklenica National Park, Croatia – rock-climbers paradise
Support Med Meanderings
- Art & Music
- Book Reviews
- Daily Meanderings
- Did You Know?
- Herb & Spices
- Product Reviews
- Wine & Food